The predecessor of the Department of Business Administration was established in the 44th academic year and was then the Taiwan Provincial Institute of Technology. In the forty-five academic year, when the Taiwan Provincial Institute of Technology was reorganized and renamed the Taiwan Provincial Successful University, a business school was added, and the Department of Business Administration was returned to the Business School. In the 60th year of the Republic of China, the successful university of Taiwan Province was reorganized into a nationally successful university. Since the 61st school year, the two groups have been independently established. The Industrial Management Group has established the Department of Industrial Management, and the Business Management Group has established the Department of Enterprise Management. . The Department of Industrial Management also set up the night department in the 62nd academic year. The Department of Industrial Management aims to nurture management talents with engineering knowledge. Students must have a good mathematical foundation. Since the 63rd school year, they have been transferred to Group A enrollment and renamed the Department of Industrial Management Science. In the 69th academic year, the School of Business was changed to the School of Management, which is the Department of Industrial Management Science of the National Cheng Kung University School of Management. The university entrance examination department recruits the second group of freshmen. The Department has established a master's degree program since the Republic of China in 1985 and a doctoral program in the Institute for 80 years. Students with excellent grades in the evening department of the university department can apply for recommendation and select the master's program of the institute. The name is changed to the department of industry and information management in the 92nd school year.
The department and the Department of Business Administration were originally two groups of the Department of Business Administration. After the two groups were independent, the department inherited the original measurement management and manufacturing management route, and the Enterprise Management Department developed the field of financial management and marketing management because The proportion of measurement management courses is quite large. Only students with good mathematics can get into the situation. Therefore, the department recruits students in the second group when they take the university entrance examination. It is hoped that they will be trained on the basis of good mathematics. Excellent management talents with professional skills. The department focuses on quantity method and computer use, applies to the production and management of industry, pays attention to professional curriculum and practice simulation, develops students' correct management philosophy and research innovation spirit, and cooperates with engineering and technical personnel to form modern industry. main body. The department has a long history and has the first three characteristics of the country:
- 2013, 2014, 2015 for three consecutive years listed in the UK QS World University Rankings Top 100 Global
- Cultivate the most industrial management science talents
- NCKU graduates have been selected as "Enterprise Favorites" for ten consecutive years
- The teacher's age distribution is average, and there is no shortage of teaching .
- The department has 14 full-time professors, 6 associate professors, 2 assistant professors, and 1 concurrent teacher. Among them, there are 10 teachers who can set up courses in the field of information. Compared with the teachers of other engineering department in NCKU, ours has a wealth of teacher resources.
- The full-time faculty has performed well in the research results. The National Science Council has counted 471 articles in the field of management and SCI/SSCI in the field of management in 2001-2014. It has a national leading position in the field of “production management” and “information management”.
- This department is the earliest established industrial management related department in the South Taiwan. It is also the only department in Taiwan that combines industrial management and information management. The department integrates the disciplines of these two fields and provides students with the opportunity to practice these fields at the same time.
- The department distributes the teacher's teaching work on average. Senior and new faculty members teach at least two institutes and one university department every academic year, and use the rotation method to teach the core curriculum. This provides a great learning environment for new faculty members.
- In combination with southern companies such as Nanke, we handle industry-university cooperation and provide consulting services, and research and industry are closely integrated.
- In order to enable students to have a good learning quality, teachers can have complete guidance. The number of students enrolled in the department is controlled annually. Up to now, there are about 483 students in the university, master and doctoral programs. The number of students is The proportion of teachers is still low.
- The department that trains the most industrial management talents in the country currently has nearly 7,000 graduates, including bachelor's degree in management science, master's degree and doctoral degree.
- According to the survey of the world magazine, Chengda graduates have been ranked as the "business favorite" for more than ten years, and the graduates of the salary management department have been well received in the corporate world.
- Graduating students are outstanding and are favored by the industry. After graduation, students have outstanding performances in TSMC, Trend Micro, Asus, MSI, AUO, Innolux, IBM, and Qimo.
In view of the booming of information technology and the advent of the era of knowledge economy, the demand for enterprise electronic strategy planning and management talents with management literacy is growing. National Cheng Kung University established the Master of Information Management Institute in the Republic of China in 1987 to train the country. High-end information management talents in the enterprise; and further established a doctoral degree in asset management in 1994 to cultivate talents with academic research capabilities, continue the teaching depth of the Institute, and complete the information management higher education system of the school. Develop more information management professionals in academia and business.
The firm currently has a total of 22 full-time teachers, including 14 professors, 4 associate professors, and 4 assistant professors. They are doctors in related fields of information technology and industrial management at well-known universities at home and abroad. The biggest difference between the Institute and other domestic asset management institutes is the emphasis on cross-domain integration of information management and industrial management, which can fully meet the needs of students from different backgrounds. The teachers of the Institute are active in the academic and industrial circles at home and abroad. Many teachers have won the Outstanding Research Award of the National Science Council and the research results are great.
The master's and doctoral classes of NCKU Asset Management Institute have gradually grown and expanded. The school's learning environment is perfect, the teaching facilities are full and complete, and the research and teaching have accumulated considerable results, and continue to actively recruit information systems and industry. The teacher who manages the integration ability can provide students with the best learning environment. NCKU Asset Management Institute welcomes the participation of interested students, let us grow together and achieve great results.
The master's degree program of the Institute has a common educational use and aims to cultivate industrial and information management professionals with technical, innovative and insightful abilities.
In order to achieve the above educational mission, the educational goals of the master's and doctoral programs of this institute are:
- Explore topics related to basic and emerging information management systems.
- Guide students to share what they have learned and what they think through seminars and collaborative learning.
- Improve student information management skills to become an expert or business leader in the field in the future.
- Ph. D.
- Explore the diverse ways in which scholars, experts, or business leaders use information management systems.
- Guide students to share what they have learned and personal thoughts by learning opportunities with external expert partners.
- Improve students' information management skills to achieve professional research standards.
Since its establishment in 1987, the Institute has been striving to cultivate the concept of excellent IT application, management and planning talents. Looking forward to the future, the information industry will play a more important role in the development of the country's society. Relatively, we will face more important challenges and responsibilities, so the direction of development will focus on the needs of society and enterprises, and focus on:
- Emphasis on the combination of theory and practice to improve the standard of education: the focus of teaching lies in the development of professional knowledge, the cultivation of students' correct values, and the strengthening of cooperation with the industry to provide valuable experience in exchanges and cooperation between students and the industry.
- Expanding research results: Our faculty covers areas of expertise in information technology, marketing, production, and human resources. We are actively pursuing integrated research group planning, integrating knowledge in different areas of expertise, and implementing academic research results in practice application.
In addition to continuing their studies, the graduates of the Institute are mostly engaged in information-related work. The information management professionals trained by the Institute have the professional ability of academic research ability, management and information system management. The career development after graduation is quite forward-looking.
- Further education: Graduates of our master's program can continue to pursue doctoral classes, and about 2% of them go abroad for further study.
- Employment: Most of the existing master's graduates are engaged in information-related work in the fields of information technology, applied technology and application management; doctoral graduates can work in teaching, academic research and industry managers.